Can a massage gun help with neuropathy?
Yes, massage guns can help with Neuropathy by relaxing the nerves responsible for complications like burning, tingling, and numbness. This discomfort is significantly reduced when you use a massage gun on the affected areas regularly.
Neuropathy can cause severe issues in your health if you don’t attend to it quickly. Massage is one treatment that can help to prevent further damage to your nerves.
Massage Gun for Neuropathy
There are various models of massage guns and theragun available in the market today. Unfortunately, some are high-end devices that are very expensive to purchase. Furthermore, others are cheap but do not have specific features that make a massage gun much more effective and user-friendly.
Nevertheless, you should follow the instructions below to reduce the chances of damaging your body when using the massage gun:
- Avoid using the massage gun to over-massage one area of your body.
- Ensure always to start using the device on a slow setting
- Read the device manually and also adhere strictly to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be cautious when using massage guns around bony areas, torn ligaments, and Pulled muscles.
- Keep to maximum use of 120 seconds (2 minutes) on each of your muscle groups.
- Don’t use a Massage gun on musculoskeletal injuries such as strains and sprains.
- Lastly, avoid using a massage gun on bruises or open wounds.