Class 4 laser therapy may sound futuristic but it has become a standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries. Laser therapy uses specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared) to create therapeutic effects. The light that is transmitted via the laser helps stimulate certain processes within the body that help provide relief to symptoms including pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
How does Class 4 Laser Therapy Work?
The wavelength of the laser used in Class 4 laser therapy penetrates deeper and more efficiently than the Class 3 laser allowing it to pass energy to the nerve, muscle, ligament, and tendon tissue in a short amount of time. In fact, most sessions range from 2-6 minutes which means we can treat injured tissue in multiple areas in a single session thus improving your results.
The benefits of class 4 laser therapy include:
- Reduced pain and swelling
- Improved range of
- Increases tissue regeneration which is why you heal faster
- Accelerates soft tissue and bone repair
- Improve nerve regeneration & function
- Impact your cells to increase cell metabolism, enzymatic responses, collagen production, and promote angiogenesis (the creation of new blood vessels)
So yes, you walk away from class 4 laser therapy feeling better but the therapy continues to work on the cellular level to improve your musculoskeletal health after you leave the office.
We use class 4 laser therapy on a range of issues including:
- Chronic knee pain or arthritis
- Chronic Achilles tendonitis
- Elbow pain or tendonitis in the elbow
- Chronic wrist pain
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Chronic shoulder pain
Now you might be wondering what it feels like to get class 4 laser therapy. Class 4 lasers provide pain-free relief to many of our patients and can also be used in conjunction with other treatments.